Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 September 2018

I'm Still Here...Now Playing!

Just in case readers of this blog have been wondering if I have somehow stepped into the back of my wardrobe and ventured into Narnia and can't find the way back home or have visited the Costume Shop and suddenly found myself, like Mr Benn, at sea in the middle of a storm and awaiting The Shopkeeper to appear as if by magic to save me from a watery grave, may I calm your fears...I am still here!

Yes it's been a long time since I last posted but I did mention that I might struggle to post on a regular basis due to some medical issues etc and current state of mind. So today you got me in a good moment and for that you are rewarded with a Playlist of a few things I've been listening to over the past couple of months. Hope you enjoy this rather eclectic mix.

Thanks for your patience.

Doug. 😀




Now Playing Playlist



I'm Alive -999
Debut single from the brilliant 999.

Keepin' It Close To My Heart - Drivin' N Cryin'
Don't really know much about these guys but I really liked the sound of their album Too Late To To Turn Back Now.

Lose My Mind - Lucy and The Rats
Lucy was formerly in The Spazzys and is now apparently based in London. With her new band she has released a Self-Titled album that is pretty cool. Vocals at times remind me of early Kirsty MacCall and also of Andrea from The Darling Buds.


Rock and Stick - Bozz Scaggs
From his latest album Out of the Blues. Still sounding brilliant by the way and still out playing shows.


Get Your Shirt - Underworld and Iggy Pop
A bit of a bizzare collaboration but it actually works pretty well. Taken from the EP Teatime Dub Encounters.


1st (Acoustic Version) - Leah Daniels
Country singer from Uxbridge, Middlesex. Not exactly known as a hot bed of Country Music but she's recently put out a nice wee EP that includes a full band version of this song.

Just Found Heaven - Daughtry
From his latest album Cage to Rattle

Sheriff Fatman - Carter USM
This one appears on a new compilation called C89 which has some really cool Indie tunes.

Waiting For Winter - Popguns
Also on the C89 Compilation

Tony Hadley - Peruvian Hipsters
A last one from the C89 Compilation. Why anyone would want to sing a song about the ex-lead vocalist of Spandau Ballet is beyond me, but hey, those Indie Kids were a strange bunch!

Something Worth Fighting For - The Spitfires
Latest track to be released on Limited Edition 7" (28th September 2018) and also features on their excellent Year Zero album.

Verse & Chaos - The Droggettes
Philly Punk From the album Clockwork Girls

Future Me Hates Me - The Beths
Title track of the latest album from a band that were new to my ears. They hail from Auckland, New Zealand.

Wildflowers (Tribute to Tom Petty) - The Church Sisters
Another Country outfit that were new to my ears. Their latest album A Night at The Opry is well worth a listen.

Outdoor Miner - Wire
From the Special Edition of Chairs Missing.

Toxic - Ian McNabb
From his latest album Our Future In Space. Ms Spears is the last person on earth you would ever imagine to be covered by the Neil Young lovin' Ian McNabb!

Save Me - Aretha Franklin
From the 1967 album I Never Loved A Man The Way I Loved You. Recently heard a great cover of this by The Saints, and Jimi Hendrix does a version of it as well. But the voice of Aretha is one that's going to be missed. Thank goodness for the treaure of her musical legacy that's left behind.

I'd Give A Kidney For You - Hailey's Comet
Not quite sure where I stumbled over this but I'm always impressed when people write songs with either amazingly funny titles or ones that are thought provoking!

Supernatural - The Slow Readers Club
My mate Gary in Manchester is always on my case about listening to The Slow Readers Club and so I thought I would finally surrender, and they are none too shabby!

Riot On The Strip - James Williamson & The Pink Hearts
Track from the brand new album by former Stooges guitarist entitled Behind The Shade.

Old Enuff To Know Better! - Pink Fairies
The old Psychedelic Anarchists are back! This one was written by Larry Wallis and is featured on their brand new album Resident Reptiles.

Crazy Kids - Walter Lure & The Waldos
Taken from the new album Wacka Lacka Loom Bop A Loom Bam Boo. Old Walter is still kicking it big time after more than forty years of playing and he's never sounded so good.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts