Search This Blog

Monday 18 March 2019

Beginning of the End?


I am probably not the only Blogger who has noticed a downturn in traffic to their Blog ever since Google announced the coming end of their service Google+

I got a lot of people discovering the Blog via that service and now with that being discontinued it looks like the only means of promoting the blog is on Facebook via my own profile page and various groups that I belong to on it and I have noticed that even via that platform the numbers are down.

I had never been really interested in the numbers, as when I started this blog it was mainly for me but then there was what seemed like an explosion of interest from across the globe and it held out an opportunity of being able to share some of the music that I have been very passionate about down throught the years.

Choosing the title of the Blog as Soundtrack4Life was a big thing as I felt the things that I wanted to share would be those records, artists and bands who have made a distinct impression on my own life.

So it's a bit sad after all these years to be contemplating winding it all up and stopping posting anything new. I won't actually delete the blog as someone out there searching around the World Wide Web might stumble upon it and find something that will delight their heart.

In the next couple of weeks or so you will probably see the last bunch of posts from me. I will no doubt post each one with a very heavy heart because this blog has been something that has been a real labour of love over the years but the fact that it is getting read by fewer people on a daily, weekly and monthly basis seems to me to be a reason to say a final farewell.

I'll finish up this first one with a cracker of a song from a band who are also saying goodbye this year, they are currently on tour with Stiff Little Fingers and getting a great send off around the country. Here's Eddie and The Hot Rods peforming on The Old Grey Whistle Test back in 1978 a storming version of the final track on their 1977 album 'Life On The Line'...It's 'Beginning of the End'.


1 comment:

Admin said...

a soundtrack4life facebook page...linking articles from here...good blog this

Blog Archive

Popular Posts