Search This Blog

Sunday 9 December 2007

Transvision Vamp




One of the bands in the 80's I liked was Transvision Vamp. They got accused of being trite pop and Wendy James was constantly reviled in the press for being a bimbo. Wendy does not like the term and I can understand that. She is actually a very thoughtful lady. I met up with her earlier this year in Dublin where she was performing with her new band Racine.



Lest you forget the many great catchy tunes that Transvision Vamp recorded I thought I'd share my favourite three.

1. Landslide of Love


2. The Only One


3.Tell That Girl To Shut Up


As a bonus here's the video for 'London's Brilliant' from her underrated solo album that was produced by Elvis Costello. Shades of 'Clash City Rockers' but a great song nonetheless.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts