Search This Blog

Saturday 23 July 2011

u2 Berlin 1981 October Tour


Filmed for Rockpalast in 1981 and broadcast in 1982. This was the final night of the 1st European Leg of the October Tour. The tour had begun back at Slane Castle on August 16th when they supported of all people Thin Lizzy! Twenty years later they would headline themselves at The Castle.Thirty three dates made up the tour before they went off to the USA to play a 23 date tour (after 5 more dates in the UK and Ireland they jetted back across the pond to play 32 dates).

U2 were still playing pretty small venues and universities back then. Personally I was not a big fan of the 'October' album but managed to see the band again at The Lyceum on this particular tour. I had seen them a number of times prior to the release of 'Boy' and then a residency at The Marquee Club that began the night after they supported Echo and the Bunnymen at The Lyceum Ballroom (7th September) on a bill that included Delta 5  and The Au Pairs. The 'Boy' album is such an amazing debut album I think and it was great that so many songs appeared in the setlist from it on the 'October Tour'. The setlist is taken from U2Gigs.com

 Setlist:
  1. Gloria
  2. Another Time, Another Place
  3. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
  4. An Cat Dubh
  5. Into The Heart
  6. Rejoice
  7. The Cry
  8. The Electric Co.
  9. I Fall Down
  10. October
  11. Stories For Boys
  12. I Will Follow
  13. Twilight
  14. Out Of Control
  15. encore(s):
  16. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
  17. The Ocean
  18. I Will Follow
Gloria


Another Time Another Place


I Threw A Brick



An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart


Rejoice


The Cry/Electric Co.


I Fall Down


October



Stories For Boys



I Will Follow



Twilight



Out Of Control



11 O' Clock Tick Tock



The Ocean

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts