Google+ Followers

Search This Blog

Saturday, 30 July 2011

The Believers




Founding members Craig Aspen and Cyd Frazzini formed The Believers  in Seattle amid the Alt. Country - No Depression boom and have been recording and performing ever since. Now they are based in New Orleans.

I actually first stumbled on The Believers reading Paste Magazine one day and they had a little article by Bob Harris who said that The Believers had been recommended to him by Buddy Miller. I thought that if Buddy Miller liked them and Bob Harris liked them I'd just go ahead and buy 'Crashyertown' without hearing a note of it. I was glad I did because I love the album. Not long after getting the album The Believers came and played a really intimate show at a small pub in Glasgow (there couldn't have been more than 50 people there) and it was a real joy to be able to meet with Craig and Cyd and have them sign copies of their CD's for me.

They have released three brilliant albums:








Railroad Spikes and  Shotgun Shells with Tara Nevins


Temporary Misery with Tara Nevins


Locket & Key with Tara Nevins (lead vocal)


Higher Ground with Tara Nevins



Read It and Weep (Live from Music City Roots)


Crashyertwon (BBC Blackstaff Sessions)



Get Started (BBC Blasckstaff Sessions)
Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Popular Posts