Search This Blog

Sunday 3 February 2019

Tidy Tunes 2019 #3/28: That'll Be The Day - The Crickets


It seems only right today to pick a classic tune that featured the late Buddy Holly as today is the 60th Anniversary of his untimely death along with The Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens and pilot Roger Peterson (he tends to get forgotten often when people speak about the plane crash with the focus being just upon the rock and roll stars who lost their lives that day).

There's a few bonus links to check out as well so just click on them to hear more from the boy from Lubbock, Texas.

Buddy Holly was only 22 years old when he died. He had only three albums released, one with The Crickets (The "Chirping" Crickets - Brunswick 1957) and two under his own name (Buddy Holly - Coral 1958 and That'll Be The Day - Decca 1958) and around 18 singles between 1956-1959.

Since his passing there have been so many collections of his music released. Over on Discogs it currently stands at more than 300 Compilation albums!


That'll Be The Day - The Crickets
Brunswick
27th March 1957



A Personal Word and a wee Bonus:
Although Buddy Holly died four years before I entered this world (in 1963) his music has always been something that I can recall being a part of my life when I was a kid and even now as I am in my mid-fifties his songs still hold a special place in my heart.

My #1 Favourite Song of All-Time just happens to be a Buddy Holly song:

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts