Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Tidy Tunes 2019 #20/28 Because The Night/Shine Silently (Live) - Nils Lofgren

Because The Night/Shine Silently (Live) - Nils Lofgren
The Barbican Hall, London 28/05/18


I was listening to a new album called 'Live in America' by Nils Lofgren yesterday and was struck afresh by what a tremendous artist he is in his own right and an excellent songwriter and guitarist to boot. 

So I thought I would follow on from Springsteen yesterday with a couple tunes by the man himself today (by the way check out his Tribute to Clarence Clemons called 'Miss You C')

The videos above and below are taken from shows in 2018 by Lofgren and firstly up is a cover of Springsteen's Because The Night followed by probably my favourite Nils song Shine Silently (which featured on the 1979 album Nils).

As a bonus there's also a solo version of the 1977 title track from the album I Came To Dance.

I Came To Dance (live) - Nils Lofgren
City Winery New York
30/09/18

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts