Search This Blog

Sunday 10 February 2019

Tidy Tunes 2019 #10/28 Give Stupidity A Chance - Pet Shop Boys

Give Stupidity A Chance - Pet Shop Boys
from the EP 'Agenda'
x2 Recordings

Digital Release 8th February 2019
To be Released on CD with the book 'Annually' and 12" Vinyl 12th April 2019


It's only every once in awhile that I dip in and see what the Pet Shop Boys are up to. There are a few songs over the years that have caught my attention but I have to admit to not being a huge fan who buys everything (mainly just the compilations). So I was quite taken with their latest release, an EP called 'Agenda' and especially the opening track 'Give Stupidity A Chance'.

Pet Shop Boys have that uncanny ability to take a very serious issue and actually make a statement in a very pop style without being over the top about it. Lyrically, 'Give Stupidity A Chance', is a fantastic insight into the world as we know it today with the wrong people in power making the dumbest decisions for the many. 

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it and that's why it's today's Tidy Tune.

The Remaining Tracks on the 'Agenda' EP:

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts