A couple of new books on the subject of Bruce Springsteen are coming out at the tail end of the month. First up is Clinton Heylin's 'E Street Shuffle: The Glory Days of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band' (published by Constable).
Note from Amazon.co.uk:
Bruce Springsteen is one of the most important and controversial rock
stars of our times: this is the story of the man - a complex, poetic
loner whose albums went on to sell 18 million copies - and the band that
gave his inner vision a punch and a swagger. Clinton Heylin has
written the most factually accurate, informative book on Springsteen to
date. As in Heylin's definitive Bob Dylan title Revolution in the Air, E
Street Shuffle will focus on Bruce Springsteen and his work: the songs
he's written, the way they were recorded, how they sounded live. Heylin
also has unparalleled access to the people around Springsteen: current
and former members of the E Street Band; CBS A&R personnel;
Springsteen's 'New Dylan' contemporaries, as well as fellow Asbury Park
musicians and scenesters, and rock critics. This is the essential book
for any fan of the Boss.
The second one is probably going to the one that will be most attractable to fans of Springsteen because it's a book written with the blessing of Springsteen himself. Peter Ames Carlin has penned 'Bruce' (published by Simon and Schuster Ltd).
Note from Amazon.co.uk:
After 3 decades of groundbreaking music Bruce Springsteen still manages
to amaze audiences around the world with his live shows and bring new
fans to his music with every album release. Highly acclaimed music
critic Peter Carlin tracks the Boss's dazzling ascent to fame, whilst
painting a vivid portrait of the real Springsteen: an insistently
private man who nevertheless would do anything for his fans. Recently,
in response to his mother's failing health, Springsteen decided he
wanted to tell his story, and that he wanted Carlin to tell it. He gave
Carlin many hours of interview time, including a trip to his family
home, and lett him preview his unreleased album. With unprecedented
access to Springsteen, his family, friends and management, Carlin
presents a riveting and highly personal account of Springsteen's life.
- ► 2017 (184)
- ► 2016 (667)
- ► 2015 (698)
- ► 2014 (686)
- ► 2013 (304)
- Madness - Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da - 2012
- Soundtrac4Life Best of 2012 Part Two Single of the...
- Soundtrack4Life Best of 2012 Part One Album of the...
- Duncan Reid - From The Boys to The Little Big Head...
- Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball Tour - Pittsburg...
- Jo Fuzzbox RIP
- Happy Birthday Garry W. Tallent
- Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball Tour - Hartford ...
- Happy Birthday Natalie Merchant
- Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball Tour Charlottesv...
- Nine Below Zero Live at The Marquee Special Editio...
- Blondie Live From You Tube 10th October 2012
- Cockney Rejects New Album East End Babylon
- News From The Alarm: Tour, Film, Soundtrack and EP...
- Bruce springsteen - Wrecking Ball Tour - Hamilton,...
- Mike Peters - Red Poppy Tour: Keighley/Manchester
- Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball Tour - Ottawa 19...
- Mike Peters - The Song That Changed My Life
- Currently Playing in My House
- Ruts DC - Live in Birmingham 6th October 2012
- The Ruts - Live in Paris January 1980
- New Books on Bruce Springsteen
- Happy Birthday Johnny Ramone
- Happy Birthday to The CD!
- Paul Weller Ultimate Music Guide from the makers o...
- ▼ October (25)
- ► 2011 (85)
- ► 2010 (60)
- ► 2009 (48)
This is a revision of a piece I did last year as some of the links on it were dead. Some new links and information have been added and I t...
This week I have decided to include a number of songs that were my particular favourites throughout this year. There are of course many mo...
Now, choosing your favourite albums of the year is no easy matter because you will often find that absolutely no one actually agrees with ...
One of my good friends Alyson is an absolutely huge fan of OMD so I have a feeling she will be quite delighted to see that this has made...
So, today is Black Friday and for the retail world it's a time to role out the bargins and people get to buy stuff they don't re...
The album at #11 in The Best Albums of 2017 is one that was released posthumously almost four months after the passing of Gregg Allman ...
I knew nothing about Cage The Elephant in Mid-Summer except that they had recorded a cover version of one of my favourite songs in Musica...
Apologies for the lack of picture sleeves this week I was having a problem with Discogs that was constantly causing the computer to fre...
Bring three of the big Pop stars of the 1970's and you are never really sure what you are going to get! I guess I was a wee bit skepti...
#17 on the list of The Best Albums of 2017 for Soundtrack4Life is the ninth Studio Album from Boston's Dropkick Murphys . The albu...