Search This Blog

Saturday 24 November 2012

Status Quo - Amsterdam 21st November 2012


I have to confess to being just a wee bit of a fan of The Quo. When I was a kid their music was always a big part of my life. I was watching the new movie that has just come out, 'Hello Quo' and it reminded me all over again what I really loved about their music. There was a total simplicity to it, no thrills, just a desire to rock and roll. Some of the stuff they released in the 80's was a bit pants but those early albums from the 70's are just amazing.

One thing in the film that disappointed me a bit was when Francis Rossi mentioned the live album released in 1977 that was recorded at the Glasgow Apollo. He said that he hated it! For me, I think it is one of the best live albums ever! It truly captures the power and the passion of the Quo concert and overflows with so many of their classic tracks as they were out promoting the 1976 release 'Blue For You'.



I punched in their name on You Tube and came up with a show from a few days ago in Amsterdam. I was keen to see how they were sounding after all these years and again was quite taken by the fact that their show is nothing fancy, just a bunch of guys playing some loud rocking tunes. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to post the links to the videos from the show.

Here's the setlist from the night:

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts