Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Courtney Love :"Saxophones Don't Belong in Rock and Roll!"


I just saw this posted on Rolling Stone Magazine's Website and was a little bit stunned. It's not her comments regarding Springsteen that are the problem because everyone is entitled to their own opinion about him. I know people who love him and people who hate him. Rather what caught my attention was a comment regarding the saxophone! She certainly has opened up a can of "I'm Gonna Get My Ass Whooped For Saying This"! Hardly a comment agreeing with her has been posted on Rolling Stone website or their facebook page!


"My Springsteen problem is just that saxophones don't belong in rock and roll," she said. "They just don't belong."
Mmm..."saxophones don't belong in rock and roll!" ...let that sink in a little.

Do they really not belong? Check out these links. I don't necessarily endorse all of these but they are great examples of the place that the Sax has.



Of Course there are loads and loads more that could be added to the list!*

* I have purposely left out Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band just to make the point that others have used the Saxophone to great effect.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts