Search This Blog

Friday 22 November 2013

Rewind: This Day in 1968 The Beatles Release The White Album


I'm not really a fan of The Beatles (shock horror! I can sense my mate Mark in Detroit reaching for the phone and calling the Music Police already and I'm only one sentence in!), but I have to confess that I do make an exception when it comes to 'The White Album' as it has commonly become known. There's a couple of naff tunes on it but the good ones far outweigh the bad.

For an album that received a lot of flack by music critics back when it was released (even back then you couldn't trust 'em!) it is amazing that today it is considered to be one of the best albums ever released!

With no further comment from me, have a listen to the album yourself.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts