Search This Blog

Saturday 9 December 2017

S4L Radio Show Playlist #16

This week I have decided to include a number of songs that were my particular favourites throughout this year. There are of course many more than what has been included but I am sure you will see that it's a rather eclectic bunch as ever.



There's a couple of songs of course that are not from this year but there inclusion I put down to hearing them for the first time at some point in the past months.


Listen To The Playlist Here:

On The Playlist This Week
You're The Radio - Thea Gilmore
Taken from the 2010 Murphy's Heart album a cracking wee tune to kick off this week's Playlist.

 Dream On - Amy MacDonald
Opening track of the excellent Under Stars album from the Glasgow born Singer/Songwriter.

I Am Disappeared (Live) - Frank Turner
This is taken from the live DVD of show #2000 in Nottingham that is part of the Deluxe Version of the Frank Turner Songbook album due out next week.

Tomorrow - Mike Peters and The Alarm
Mike Peters and The Alarm released two albums this year - Blood Red and Viral Black. This track is the opener from Blood Red.

Some Reaction - The Godfathers
B-Side to the You Don't Love Me 7" released in February 2017. Their album A Big Bad Beautiful Noise, also released this year is worth checking out.

 Smartphone Junkie - The Members
A new song from JC Carroll and the Lads that's included on the brand new Greatest Hits album that has just been released.

Just Because You're Paranoid (Live in Glasgow 2017) - Duncan Reid and The Big Heads
The song features on their 3rd Studio album Bombs Away. You can have a wee listen to the album HERE.

I Wanna Be Maladjusted - Heavy Drapes
Taken from their 2016 EP Should I Suck or Should I Blow. The Edinburgh band have been the subject of a lot of positive chatter this past year or so.

Over and Over Again - The Spitfires
New Single due for release on 15th December from the Watford Mods.

Shake Some Action (Live) - Penetration
Recently released as a Limited Edition 7" with a cover of Buzzcocks' I Don't Mind on the B-Side as part of a Pledgemusic campaign.

Where's The Revolution - Depeche Mode
Taken from the Spirit album that was released this year. 

My Name Is Ruin - Gary Numan
Taken from the highly impressive Savage: Songs From A Broken World album.

Paper Chains - Cast
From the most excellent 2017 album Kicking Up The Dust. These chaps have never sounded better in my opinion.

When It's My Time - Imelda May
The song features on the latest album and the version on the Playlist is from a TV performance on The Late Late Show alongside the Discovery Gospel Choir.

Call On God - Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
A fitting end to a beautiful album Soul of a Woman that was released after the death of Sharon Jones.

 Chain Breaker - Zach Williams
I first heard this back in 2016 but it didn't make much of an impression upon me but then I heard it again earlier this year and it gripped me. Some folks give Gospel music a hard ride but this is a song that speaks into the lives of many I think.

Love On The Wrong Side of Town - Little Steven
Taken from one of my favourite albums of the year - Soulfire (I'm not telling you what number it's at on The Best Albums of 2017 as I don't want to offer any spoilers!)

Growing Up (Live) - Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band
Taken from the second night in Brisbane, Australia back in February 2017. Bruce invites a young chap up onto the stage to sing and play guitar with him. The lad does a pretty good job.

Streets of Philadelphia - Ryan Adams
Played for BBC Radio 6 a great cover of Springsteen's Oscar winning song.

If We Were Vampires - Jason Isbell  and the 400 Unit
Taken from the wonderful album The Nashville Sound (and another to be featured at some point...I'm not telling you at what spot...on The Best Albums of 2017 series).

The Parting Shot
Adiós - Glen Campbell
Last track and the title track to the final Glen Campbell album Adiós.

That's all for this week.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts