Search This Blog

Sunday 21 June 2015

Alphabet Beats #163: Y is for....Yellowcard


So, The Letter X was not really as fruitful as I thought, no worries though The Letter Y might fair a little better (just a little). I've got a possible five artists, one which I'm not to sure of at the moment. The Letter Z has a possible four artists to focus on but again one of them I'm hesitating over. What ever the case, we are drawing near to the end of Alphabet Beats and it's time to get the thinking cap on as to what comes next. - Doug

Y is for....




Yellowcard is an American pop punk/alternative rock band formed in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1997 and based in Los Angeles since 2000. Their music features the use of a violin. They are best known for their singles 'Ocean Avenue', 'Lights and Sounds', and 'Light Up the Sky'. The band went on a two-year hiatus from 2008 through 2010 and they returned with their seventh studio album, 'When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes', in March 2011, and then 'Southern Air' in August 2012. Their most recent album, 'Lift a Sail', was released October 7, 2014, with lead single 'One Bedroom'.

I can't quite put my finger on why I was drawn to Yellowcard because there are a stack of bands in a way similar to them that never really appealed to me. But their album 'Ocean Avenue' and then 'Southern Air' really gripped me (especially 'Southern Air'). I liked the sound and enjoyed the lyrics a lot more than I ever thought I would. It's interesting to see, looking at their Discography, how they progressed musically, and they are better for it. Their debut 'Midget Tossing' sounds totally immature compared to the likes of the 'Southern Air' and even the latest 'Lift a Sail'.

Click on the links to enjoy the music

 The Music
    Midget Tossing (1997)
    Where We Stand (1999)
Still Standing EP (2000)
    One for the Kids (2001)
The Underdog EP (2002)
    Ocean Avenue (2003)
AOL Sessions EP (2004)
    Lights and Sounds (2006)
    Paper Walls (2007)
Ocean Avenue Acoustic (2013)
    Lift a Sail (2014)

Promo Vids

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts