Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Music is the Doctor #29 P.R.O.B.L.E.M.S.


The 29th Edition of Music is the Doctor and today we are getting down to the nitty gritty of life with all it's Problems - fear, anxiety, OCD, various disorders, cutting, hopelessness, depression, unemployment, broken hearts, aloneness...you get the picture! It sounds a bit of a downer but haven't you ever been so glad to find in a song someone who perfectly captured what you are going through at that precise moment in your life? I know I have and so I send this one out to one and all and hope that you might find yourself in any of these songs and realise that you are not alone in your struggles.


On The Playlist

Problems - Sex Pistols
"Too many problems
Oh why am I here
I need to be me
'Cos you're all too clear
And I can see
There's something wrong with you
But what do you expect me to do?
At least I gotta know what I wanna be
Don't come to me if you need pity
Are you lonely you got no one
You get your body in suspension
That's no problem, problem
Problem, the problem is you

They know a doctor
Gonna take you away
They take you away
And throw away the key
They don't want you
And they don't want me
You got a problem
The problem is you
Problem, what you gonna do
Problem, I'll leave it back, I have a
Problem, you got a problem."

(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding - Nick Lowe.
"As I walk through
This wicked world
Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.
I ask myself
Is all hope lost?
Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?"

Till My Head Falls Off - They Might Be Giants.
"Hitting every pocket on my shirt, pants and overcoat
And I'm hitting them again but I don't know where I put my notes
Clearing my throat, and gripping the lectern I smile and face my audience
Clearing his throat and smiling with his hands on the bathroom sink

And when I lean my head against the frosted shower stall
I see stuff through the glass that I don't recognize at all

And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off
Though it may not be a long way off"


Anxious - The Housemartins.
"I really thought I'd have my tongue ties if I stood up to shout
But all they did was listen without their ears
And I thought I'd be beheaded if I stuck my neck out
But they just gave me a hanky for my tears"

Therapy - All Time Low.
"Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can take back your misery."

Outsider - Ramones.
"Everybody tried to push me
Push me around
Everybody tried to put me
Try to put me down"

A Sense of Belonging - Television Personalities.
"Once there was confidence but now there is fear
Once there was laughter but now only tears
Once there were reasons for our optimism
But now we're all drowning in a sea of cynicism"

War Inside My Head - Dream Theater.
"Hearing voices from miles away
Saying things never said
Seeing shadows in the light of the day
Waging a war inside my head"

Pretty Paracetamol - Fischer Z.
"Pretty paracetamol you soothe my aching brow,
I need you when my heard is spinning round,
I multiply myself by two in the mirror on the wall,
But it don't help me, no it don't help me,
First impressions often lie,
They always fool the naked eye."

My Life's A Jigsaw - Purple Hearts
"My life's a jigsaw one piece is missing
My life's a jigsaw I keep on wishing
My life's a jigsaw what am I here for
My  life is a jigsaw"

Panic Attack - The Vaccines
 "You know simply optimistic
and altogether overcome with self-destructive irritation
I resented everyone
I was always well-adjusted
but I'm going down a rabbit hole
further and further and further out of control

And now I'm feeling dizzy
And I'm giving up
I shut my eyes, the room went black
Panic attack"

Numb - Linkin Park.
"I've become so numb, I can't feel you there,
Become so tired, so much more aware
I'm becoming this, all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you."

Never Too Late - Three Days Grace.
 "No one will ever see
This side reflected
And if there's something wrong
Who would have guessed it
And I have left alone
Everything that I own
To make you feel like
It's not too late
It's never too late"

Migraine - Twenty One Pilots.
"I am not as fine as I seem, pardon,
Me for yelling, I'm telling you green gardens,
Are not what's growing in my psyche, it's a different me"

Look Away - Thousand Foot Krutch
 "I will not look away this time,
take all these cuts and make them shine.
And all this pain I've held inside,
so I can find my way home again.

I will not look away this time,
take all these cuts and make them shine,
Don't wanna be perfect just alright."

Paranoid - The Dickies
"All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify.
Can you help me occupy my brain?"

Insomnia - Feeder.
"Reading magazines and counting sheep to pass the time away
Hoping that tomorrow's gonna bring a smile BACK home again
Images of palm tree's swaying in the wind on South beach
Takes me back to better days, Summer days the everglades in June
My brain, my poor brain
My brain, my poor brain" 

West One (Shine On Me) - The Ruts.
"Out in the dark and on my own (shine on me)
I'm stranded here with no way home (shine on me)"

More Than Useless - Relient K.
"Whats the purpose? It feels worthless
So unwanted like I've lost all my value
I can't find it, not in the least bit
and I'm just scared, so scared that I'll fail you

And sometimes I think that I'm not any good at all
And sometimes I wonder why, why I'm even here at all
But then you assure me
I'm a little more than useless
And when I think that I can't do this
You promise me that I'll get through this
And do something right
Do something right for once"

The Unexplained - The Alarm.
Lyrics by Mike Peters
"Sometimes there isn’t an answer
Sometimes there isn’t a reason
Sometimes there’s no explanation
For the unexplained

Sometimes no one is guilty
Sometimes no one’s to blame
Sometimes no one can be found
For the unexplained

Sometimes there is no cure
Sometimes there is no healing
For the unexplained

Sometimes you get given somethings
You not did wish for
It wasn’t in the contract
For the unexplained

Sometimes this is not life
Sometimes this is not living
For the unexplained
For the unexplained"

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts