Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Music is the Doctor: EU Referendum

Music is the Doctor makes a surprise return to tackle the issue at the heart of the EU Referendum vote tomorrow. I avoided songs like 'LEAVE my Kitten Alone' (Elvis Costello and others) so as not to upset the cat lovers! I also avoided 'LEAVING makes the Rain Fall' by Roy Orbison because that could be considered negative campaigning!
I also made a decision not to use 'STAY Where You Are' by The Olympics (an old Doo Wop song if you are interested) because The Olympics is a sporting event that takes place on a different day and we should never confuse Sports and Politics!
And with great purpose I avoided like the black plague using 'Making Your Mind Up' by Bucks Fizz because...well, Bucks Fizz are just not cool!

I should make it clear from the start that none of the songs used in the playlist are either in favour for an Exit nor are they supportive of Remaining. I just thought it would be fun to bring some songs together that might inspire you to go out tomorrow and vote (I have done so already as I use a Postal Vote).



On the Playlist
Should I Stay or Should I Go? - The Clash
Don't Leave Me This Way - The Communards
Stay - Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs
 Leaving Here - Motรถrhead
Everybody Leaves in the End - The Temper Trap
I Will Stay - We Are The Fallen
Stay Together - Suede
Leave or Stay - The Cars
Leave in Silence - Depeche Mode 
Stay Inside - The Cigarettes
Please Stay - Elvis Costello
Leaving Babylon - Bad Brains
Move On In and Stay - Ray Price
Leave the Capitol - The Fall
The In Crowd - Cheap Trick
Take It or Leave It - Madness
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
Safe European Home - Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros


No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts