Search This Blog

Monday 20 June 2016

Rewind: 1980 The Blues Brothers Soundtrack

I am not really a big Movie Buff but I do have a number of films that are my favourites and at the top of the list is The Blues Brothers.


The Soundtrack is absolutely brilliant I think because not only are Dan Ackroyd and John Belushi there along with Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Ray Charles and Cab Calloway but there is also as part of an all-star band the great Steve "The Colonel" Cropper & Donald "Duck" Dunn, Matt "Guitar" Murphy and Willie "Too Big" Hall.

The Blues Brothers Original Soundtrack
Atlantic
Produced by Bob Tischler
Released 20th June 1980
US Chart #13



Thirty Six years on from its release I still think it sounds amazing and is one of a small number of Soundtracks that I still go back and listen to.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts