Search This Blog

Monday 4 January 2016

Let The Day Begin...Let The Day Start!: Day 4 Scars


One of my favourite albums from last year was released in October, I didn't really know much about the artist but over the past couple of months have been reading about him to find out more.

Walter Trout's Battle Scars is quite an incredible album of Blues. Born out of a struggle for life after having liver failure and eventually a life-saving transplant it's a reminder that life is not always plain sailing. Sometimes we experience such pain, loss, and disappointment that we have scars (not necessarily physical ones). But the scars are little reminders of where we have been and not necessarily where we are going.

There's some interesting quotes floating around about scars and so I thought I'd share a few of them just so you can get the picture about the impact of them in your life or in the lives of others you know. Some of the quotes I'm unaware of the author, so apologies for that.

"A Scar simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

"Be proud of the Scars in your life. Each one holds a lifetime's worth of lessons."

"From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says, I Survived."

"Scars are tattoos with better stories."

"I think scars are like battle wounds - beautiful, in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are coming out of it." - Demi Lovato

"Every Scar I have makes me who I am."

"Our Scars remind us of our past, they do not define our future."



Let The Day Begin...Let The Day Start!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts